Sunday 10 January 2010

Just say NO.


A parent rants about being asked to provide reams of personal information to her child's Sure Start nursery. She just said "no". How refreshing, see here.

No, thank you, I do not want or need support.

I do not want my children's details being passed onto any of the incompetent people with whom I have had the misfortune to work.

I do not want other agencies in government meddling with the lives of my children and getting it wrong, again.

I do not give my consent for their details to be added to ContactPoint. In it I see only danger to children. No, thank you.

Bravo renegade parent.

1 comment:

@untwining said...

Thanks for posting on this. Just an aside - it wasn't nursery provision we were attending; we work from home so we can be stay at home parents to our two children. We just went to a pay at the door, hour long play session where I was present throughout!

There is obviously a requirement for providing *some* details should you choose to leave your child in the care of someone else. However, whatever the circumstances you can still say no to the questions they expect you to answer, although it is better to know that you have the facility to walk away if necessary.